Thursday, April 22, 2010

Bitter Seaweed

I finished this last Friday, but I had trouble getting good pictures all week because of the relative position of the sun to my work schedule!  Today I decided I'd rather work with imperfect light than not blog any longer, so here we are.


Pattern: Bitterroot
Yarn: Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud in Tide Pool Heather
Beads: #8 Toho seed beads in Transparent Capri Blue
Yardage: 713
Needles: US 5
Size: 66" wide x 33" deep
Would I knit this pattern again? Absolutely.  I might skip the beads next time, though, I'm glad I tried beaded knitting, but it was very tedious, and I don't think I like the effect enough to bother doing it again.  Plus I like to pet my shawls when I'm wearing them (who doesn't?) and hitting the beads at the edge spoils the softness of the yarn to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment