Thursday, April 15, 2010

Leeloo Dallas Multicraft!

The orange sweater is now entirely yarn!  The yardage estimates vary depending on which skein I weigh, which I attribute to not having a scale that does partial grams, but I likely have at least 3600 yds and up to 5000.


Last night I whipped up a tote bag from the celestial shirt I liked so much, and what's really great is that I only used the two shirt fronts--I still have the entire back and sleeves to play with!  I can't get a good picture of it, but I kept the front patch pocket intact and made that side the lining piece, so the tote has a large interior pocket.  The handles are satin ribbon from my stash.


And I'm in the home stretch on Bitterroot, I have ten rows to go before the bind off!  But they are of course the longest rows, and several of them are beaded, which takes sooooo long.  But I think it will be worth it.  So now instead of a smallish green blob, it's a very big green blob. 


I hope to have it done in the next few days, then crank out clue 5 on the VES, then go back to my shawl design and finish that by the end of the month.  I'm not ambitious, or anything, you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment