Saturday, February 19, 2011

Coasters Are Old And Busted

Mug rugs are the new hotness!

I made one following (in rough theory, at least) the tutorial here, and I liked it so much I wanted a matched set!  It helped that I had a lot of scraps of these fabrics leftover after I finished the first one....

Here they are, in order of creation:

Very upright and straight...

A little more adventurous, with smaller bits...

And here's where I start to lean...

And now it looks like I'm drunk!


Though the piecing is all different, I used the same binding and the same basic quilting pattern for each--lines radiating from a single corner, crossed by two pairs of parallel lines.  I had no hope of creating a more complicated design that would work for all of them and still be possible with my limited machine quilting experience.

I'm quite happy with them--I love blue!--and they are in fact the perfect size for a mug of hot chocolate and a few chocolate biscotti, one of my favorite cold-weather treats.  I have a few of the latest batch of biscotti left, so I think I shall reward myself for throwing this post up with some!

No comments:

Post a Comment