Sunday, July 10, 2011

Summer Fashion Show, Day 6: From My Mother's Closet to Mine

I am terrible at remembering to take 'before' pictures.  Usually my thrifted or inherited clothes get their wash, then get folded neatly into the spare laundry basket I keep my to-recycle clothing in.  I'm trying to be better about it now, but this was made a few weeks ago, though...

The original shirt had a solid black modesty panel in the v-neck--it was the first thing to go!  Having the edges of the neck fastened together didn't allow them to drape well, which was a critical design flaw, given that the center bust is pleated.  Once I took that out, I removed the sleeves so I could shorten the shoulders, which had to be done to move the underbust seam up into position.  Next I took in the sides and reshaped the back neck--I don't use it often, but I rather like the wide, shallow scoop, don't you?  I was worried a bit that it might fall off my shoulders, but it doesn't.  With all that done, I put the sleeves back on and poof! A flattering shirt from an ill-fitting cast-off!

No comments:

Post a Comment