Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Relative Position of the Weather

Aren't we always under the weather?  I don't usually find myself in outer space or in any other way, above the sky.  Which is where the weather happens.

Well, I have flown above low-lying clouds.  I suppose that counts.

The point being, my knitting and crocheting time has been impeded by a minor eye injury.  I find eyeballs rather squicky, and I'm guessing I'm not the only one, so I won't go into detail.  It is healing, slowly, and when I am able I will be back in full force.

I don't think it helped that I spent three hours this morning transcribing an ancient written edging pattern into chart form, then altering the chart through four iterations to make it into what I wanted it to be, like I was playing with clay.  No, it was more like I was trying to put together a jigsaw puzzle where I could arbitrarily alter the size and contours of the pieces.  Challenging, definitely; interesting, to be sure; easy on my poor eye, not so much.

This afternoon I even wrote out the "pattern", all five sentences of do this with this chart and then do that, then cast off....but actually starting it defeated me.  Dark red yarn, snowy Michigan evenings, and impaired eyesight do not a pleasant time make.  It was then that I realized, yet again, that I have never been good at resting, even when it's quite obvious I should.  New projects are my kryptonite.

Enough complaining!  I shall return with pictures of pretty things, one way or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment